Fort Worth ISD Polytechnic High School is located on a 24-acre parcel of land originally designed by Joseph R. Pelich in the Georgian Revival style and is constructed of red brick with white limestone ornamentation. The original building constructed in 1937 has had multiple additions to the existing main building. The first addition to the original building added additional classrooms in 1954. A fieldhouse building was added in 1957 with a weight room building added to the north in 1988. The existing ROTC building was originally a standalone addition in 1966. There have been three additions to the 1954 building addition, two occurred in 1987 on the north and south end and a third addition to the west in 2004. The standalone gymnasium building was constructed in 1957 with a small addition to the west in 2004. The most recent additions, completed in 2018, house twelve classrooms and an addition to the existing Fieldhouse which contains new offices for coaching staff, a renovated training room, and athletics locker room, and two new tennis courts; also designed by BRW.

Currently, BRW Architects has designed multiple significant additions including a three-story stand-alone Science Classroom Addition, a new Fine Arts addition that includes a large Band Hall and Ensemble Room and a Food Service addition to expand the kitchen and food storage needs for the large historic campus. The addition scope to be addressed is following the five-year masterplan for the campus. These additions are listed as priority one items in the providing enhanced science instruction environments and quality Fine Arts facilities. All additions will remain sensitive to the historic nature of the original structure, while providing a modern counterpoint.

Science Classroom Addition
nine (9) classroom spaces
five (5) labs
four (4) Chemistry classrooms
two (2) labs with shared prep room and collaboration space between the labs
designated chemical storage room
(4) General Science classrooms
two (2) labs and shared general prep between labs
Anatomy classroom, lab, and prep room
collaboration space and flex space
staff workroom and support spaces
student restrooms
custodian , mechanical, electrical, and IDF rooms

Fine Arts Addition
Large Band Hall
Ensemble Room
teacher office & library
three music practice rooms
general storage with storage for uniforms, percussion, and instruments
instrument repair room
custodian, electrical, MDF, Fire riser room, and student restrooms
Food Service Addition
expanded kitchen
new walk-in cooler
new freezer area
storage for dry goods
dishwasher area
manager’s office, restroom, custodial, and locker areas