Established in 1955, the University of Dallas has grown to be a nationally significant Catholic University and an important asset to the entire Dallas Metroplex. Facing an unprecedented growth in their student population and desiring to guide their physical growth, the University selected BRW Architects to develop a Masterplan for the campus.
The University’s location holds strong visual and corporate relationships between the prestigious Las Colinas business district and downtown Dallas, yet no substantial physical connection existed. The University desired to make a physical connection to these entities and build stronger academic and commercial relationships with businesses and institutions in the area.
To achieve this, the existing pedestrian mall is to be enhanced by further defining spaces with increased building density, continuing this mall along the prominent ‘North Ridge’ of the campus, and leading growth towards Highway 114. Improvements to the roadway and entrance from Highway 114, the major thoroughfare connecting Las Colinas with downtown Dallas, will direct the visitor into the new campus center. This will result in more visibility for the University and an opportunity to make a connection with these and other areas of the Metroplex.