FWISD Polytechnic High School Phase II

Fort Worth ISD Polytechnic High School is located on a 24-acre parcel of land originally designed by Joseph R. Pelich in the Georgian Revival style and is constructed of red brick with white limestone ornamentation. The original building constructed in 1937 has had multiple additions to the existing main building. The first addition to the original building added additional classrooms in 1954. A fieldhouse building was added in 1957 with a weight room building added to the north in 1988. The existing ROTC building was originally a standalone addition in 1966. There have been three additions to the 1954 building addition, two occurred in 1987 on the north and south end and a third addition to the west in 2004. The standalone gymnasium building was constructed in 1957 with a small addition to the west in 2004. The most recent additions, completed in 2018, house twelve classrooms and an addition to the existing Fieldhouse which contains new offices for coaching staff, a renovated training room, and athletics locker room, and two new tennis courts; also designed by BRW.

KEY FEATURES:

+ STEAM addition
+ Performing arts addition
+ Chemistry Labs
+ Anatomy Labs
+ Rehearsal halls
+ Music rooms
+ Three story addition